Good school attendance and punctuality is extremely important for future success and for your child to feel settled and safe at school.
By ‘Good’ we mean 95 % attendance and above.
- In the event a child is unwell and cannot attend school please ensure you call the school office no later than 9.00am, if it is before school opening time, you can leave a message on the school answer phone, please make the reason for the absence known on this message.
- You then need to call the school every day after this your child is absent. You may need to provide medical evidence / doctors notes for longer absences. Please do not report absence via class dojo. If you do not call the school office, we may need to conduct a home visit to check all is well.
- Please ensure medical appointments where required are kept to outside school hours as much as possible to prevent your child’s education being disrupted.
- If a child’s absence and / or punctuality is not of a good enough standard for them to access their full school experience, the school attendance policy and procedures will be out into place to support you with this.
- Please remember we are here to help, if you have any concerns about your child’s attendance or need support with this please speak to Mr Sebl or Mrs Webberley Holmes to see if we can help.
- We operate a breakfast club daily at 8am which can be a fantastic way to support punctuality, if you would like to know more, please ask Mr Shebl about availability. Many of our places are funded.
- School gates close promptly at 9am for safeguarding purposes. If your child arrives after this a late mark will be issued, the absence will need to be reported to the to the school office and a reason given for this.
Many thanks for working together with us to ensure your child gets the best possible education at John Gulson Primary School.
Attendance and Punctuality Policy 2022