Dear Parents and Carers,

This week, the Prime Minister has announced that schools will remain closed to most children after the February half-term holiday. The school will continue to remain open only to the children of key workers and vulnerable children.
As both a Mum and a Headteacher, I share fully in your disappointment with this news: we are all eager to get our children back into school engaging with their learning, their friends and their teachers. However, we also must keep safety of all within our community at the forefront of our minds during this ongoing pandemic situation.

Therefore, following half-term, our excellent remote learning package will continue as it has done this half-term. Children will be able to join live lessons with their teachers, access pre-recorded lessons or request paper resources via the school office. I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to all of my staff at John Gulson; they have worked exceptionally hard to make the transition to this new way of delivering learning and we have received some fantastic feedback from our families about this level of provision. As a team they have ensured we have made contact with every family each week and where we have identified lack of engagement with learning or difficulties with the ongoing situation of lockdown, they have taken the time to speak with families and provide help and support.

When the children return to school after half-term on Monday 22nd February, they will continue to receive a wide spectrum of lessons including Maths, English, Geography and Design Technology.
More information on this can be found in the ‘Remote Education Information’ document for parents and carers which is on our school website: https://www.johngulson.coventry.sch.uk/remote-education/

Can I also thank all of you – home schooling is hard – I know from personal experience with my daughters! Remember, you are all doing a fantastic job and the staff and I are so pleased to see the high level of engagement via Class Dojo. As these difficult times continue, please remember we are here to support you all. If you have a worry, concern or need advice you can use Dojo or call the school office to make an appointment to speak to a member of the team.

Kindest regards and please continue to stay safe.

Ms V Sumner
Headteacher