I am writing to inform you that a member of the staff who works with the children in 4JT has tested positive today for COVID-19.
We have acted swiftly to isolate the children and their siblings, to ensure that everyone within the school is safe.
Following guidance from both Public Health England and Coventry Local Authority, the staff, children within 4JT, their siblings and their households must now remain in isolation for 14 days.
It is extremely important that this guidance is followed to prevent the possible transmission of COVID-19.
I want to reassure you that the rest of the school community is safe and have had no contact with the member of staff who has tested positive. Therefore the children of all other classes can continue to come to school as normal.
The symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If anyone within your household develops symptoms, they should get a test, and:
- If the test delivers a negative result, they must remain in isolation for the remainder of the 14-day isolation period. This is because they could still develop the coronavirus (COVID-19) within the remaining days. Household contacts can, however, stop self-isolating if they are well.
- If the test result is positive, they should inform school immediately, and must isolate for at least 10 days (and until well and have not had a high temperature for 48 hours) from the onset of their symptoms (which could mean the self-isolation ends before or after the original 14-day
isolation period). Their household should self-isolate for at least 14 days from when the symptomatic person first had symptoms.
Thankyou for your support and understanding at this time.
Ms V Sumner