Dear Parents and Carers

As we look forward to the summer holiday, I am delighted to introduce myself to you as your newly elected Chair of Governors. I look forward to introducing myself personally to as many of you as I can next term.

With the retirement of Mr Hussain, the school anticipates a period of change in its Leadership and Management arrangements over the next term. Governors can confirm the following:

Mr Darren Clewes, currently Head Teacher at Grangehurst Primary and Mrs Jeanette Hyatt, formerly Executive Head Teacher at Stoke Heath Primary as Executive Head Teachers of John Gulson School on a part-time basis from September 1st in addition to our current Deputy Head Teachers, Mr Sayeed Ahmed and Mr Stewart Price, who will be providing co-leadership of our school.

Any enquiries which parent carers may need to raise for the attention of the Head Teacher of the school should be directed to Mr Ahmed or Mr Price.

As the school moves forward at this exciting time of change we can also confirm that the autumn term begins for pupils on Wednesday 4 September. This enables whole school staff to undertake important training and development which is planned for the first two days of the term.

We look forward to welcoming our new Executive Leaders to our school in September and I know that you will extend the warm welcome of our John Gulson community to them.

As we look forward optimistically to the future at John Gulson, with the appointment of new Head Teacher next term, on behalf of the Governing Board, staff , pupils and families, I offer our sincere thanks and appreciation to Mr Hussain for his substantial period of dedicated leadership and support of the school. We all wish him well in his well-earned retirement.

Have a lovely summer everyone.

Kind regards

Jane Friswell, Chair of Governors