I am pleased to inform you that this year’s community seaside trip will go ahead on Saturday 13th July 2019. Come and visit the golden beach at Barry Island and the amusements made famous in the TV series ‘Gavin and Stacey’. There is lots to do with numerous amusement arcades, a fun fair as well as a selection of other shops, restaurants and takeaways. Enjoy a relaxing day on the beach, stroll along the promenade or go for a cliff top walk.
The cost will be £16.00 but get your tickets quickly as there are only a limited number of seats available.
The details of the trip are as follows:
- All people travelling on the trip must complete a consent form in full.
- The group leader must complete a booking form including a current mobile phone number.
- Once the booking form and payment have been returned to school tickets will be issued.
- All money is non-refundable as the coach hire has to be paid no matter how many people are on each coach.
- Nobody will be allowed to travel without the correct ticket and every person must have a seat.
- Parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children at all times and no child will be allowed to travel without a responsible adult present (not teenage brothers or sisters).
- Adults will receive a risk assessment and safety guidelines from the school prior to our departure and must read and agree to its content.
- If parents wish to travel with children under the age of 3 they must provide a suitable car seat and secure it properly. All parents travelling with children under 3 will need to bring their own car seat.
- All families travelling on this trip do so at their own risk and are responsible for taking out adequate insurance if they choose to do so.
- Once at Barry Island children below the age of 13 must remain with a responsible adult at all times.
- Children aged 13-18 can go off independently with their parent’s permission, but must be in groups of 3 or more and at least one of the children must have a switched on mobile phone and a school emergency contact card.
- We will be leaving school at 7.30am and aim to return at about 9.00pm.
I know this seems like a long list of rules but we must ensure that all people on the trip travel safely and have an understanding of their responsibilities. This will ensure a successful and enjoyable time for everyone on the trip.
Places are limited so you will need to book early to avoid disappointment. Please complete one booking form per family and ensure that you complete all consent forms correctly with current mobile contact numbers.
Tickets will be on sale every day starting 10/6/19 from 3.00pm in the community room. Please bring your completed booking form along with your payment and we will issue you with your tickets and a copy of the trip risk assessment and safety guidelines.
Thanks for your support,