Our school nurture room has opened! The Nest opened in January 2019 and is proving a real success for the children accessing it. Check back again soon to see what we have been getting up to.
John Gulson is a nurturing school and we follow the six principles of nurture in all aspects of school life and within our nurture group!
THE SIX PRINCIPLES OF NURTURE
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base.
- Nurture is important for the development of self-esteem.
- Language is understood as a vital means of communication.
- All behaviour is communication.
- Transitions are significant in the lives of children.