I disappeared on the night before my twelfth birthday. July 28 1988. Only now can I at last tell the whole extraordinary story, the true story. Kensuke made me promise that I would say nothing, nothing at all, until at least ten years had passed. It was almost the last thing he said to me. I promised, and because of that I have had to live out a lie. I could let sleeping lies sleep on, but more than ten years have passed now. I have done school, done college, and had time to think. I owe it to my family and to my friends, all of whom I have deceived for so long, to tell the truth about my long disappearance, about how I lived to come back from the dead.

But there is another reason for speaking out now, a far, far better reason. Kensuke was a great man, a good man, and he was my friend. I want the world to know him as I knew him.

Until I was nearly eleven, until the letter came, life was just normal. There were the four of us in the house: my mother, my father, me and Stella – Stella Artois, that is, my-one-ear up and one-ear-down black and white sheepdog, who always seemed to know what was about to happen before it did. But even she could not have foreseen how that letter was going to change our lives for ever.

Based on the beginning of Kensuke’s Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo, should Michael and his family travel the world?

Click Read More to add your answer in the comments below and the best ones will be approved to go on the website.

44 Thoughts to “Year 6 Kensuke’s Kingdom Question”

1. Mr Mackintosh

I think that Michael and his family should stay in the UK and continue at school. Education is really important and if Michael went on a trip around the world, he would miss out on a year of his school work. This means that he will be really behind when he returns.

1. Abdullah P

I think that Michael should go because he will find new friends and learn about the species and countrys on the other hand he can bring books and paper to study English and math

1. Sumayyah B

If Michael takes papers from his school to sturdy, there might be a change of plans while he is away and he might end up leaning the wrong thing. As a result, when he comes back he wont know half the thins his class would have learnt.

1. Abdullah P

First learn how to spell study, and then think again if Michael should go on the boat .

2. EDISTAR123

He should go because he can buy the learning books and his parents can teach him.
      And he has extra educatio because he can learn about the different cultures of the countries and he can learn about the species under sea

3. Sumayyah B

Micheal can take books with him and he will see things in real life so he might find out more facts.

4. Faseeha T

I agree with Mr Mackintosh also there aren’t many social connections therefore might get lonley and also if he goes to different countrys they might not know their language on the other hand if he stays he could still be with his family and friends

2. Abdullah P

I think that Micheal should go because he Learn English and math in the hotels he might stay in.

1. Sumayyah B

Most of Michaels time will be spent sailing. Consequently he wont have much time to go to schools at the places he stops at. Additionally, he would rather have fun.

3. Abdullah P

I think that Michael should go on the boat because he can find new friends and can learn about new countries. On the other hand, he can bring books and papers so when he is one of the hotels he can just do his homework there.

4. Abdullah P

I think that Michael should go but on the other hand consequently, he might get hurt or people in the other countries might bullied him or be mean to but I think he should go so he can learn about other countries and speicies under water and in other lands and countries.If Michael even goes on a boat it could be a cruise ship so inside it can be a school and there he can get his education.

5. Zaynab K

I think Michael and his family should go sailing because it is a once in a life time opportunity. He could have more bonding time with his parents . The school could provide books for education on board. He could have many history projects and could buy stationary & art utensils . He could find new friends in different countries.

6. Ujala H

I think that Michael and his family should go because he can learn different languages however,at school if a Child needs help on a language Michael could help.

1. Mariam A

I agree with Ujala as it is once in a lifetime opportunity furthermore his pearnts my help him learn more about other cultures.

2. Mariam A

I disagree because there won’t be any doctors or any hospital if they were ill.it may be a big risk what will happen to grandma who will look after her

3. Eesha I

I disagree. What if Michael is hurt or stranded on the dangerous journey and loses his ability to fight back, if that happens and he is seriously injured, there is no doctor around and they shall be stuck and stranded on the crashing sea.Additionally, if they are in the sea, then what if the waves are too daring to manage and if their boat gets flooded and ambushed by the sea.Above all, he shouldn’t go as it will be taking a big and dangerous risk on the poor little boy.

4. Faseeha T

Many people are saying that he could just buy the books and his parents can teach him but it is not as easy as you think it is,his parents would need an degree in maths,science,English and more, on the other hand if he stays he would be taught by a high qualified teacher.

7. Rumaysa D

I think that Micheal and his family should travel the world as it can widen his knowledge about different places and cultures, on the other hand education at school is more important , furthermore there are not many social connections and he can get quite lonely!

1. Mariam B

I think that Michael shouldn’t travel the world because it will affect his future job moreover it will after the his garde.

2. Mariam A

I think that Michael and his family should not travel the world because it could be a big risk furthermore It will affect his future career.

3. Eesha I

I disagree. He is leaving behind his beloved grandma as well as his friends. Imagine if his grandma is hurt and there is no one there to pick her up from her possible fall, most likely, her injury will get worse and she might have to face some serious consequences, furthermore, they could return but not in time as it might even be that they return in 1 month which would a very extended date-in my opinion-depending of the injury.

8. Sumayyah B

Michael should go sailing around the world as this is a once in a life time opportunity. He wont get it again. Not everyone gets this chance.

9. Faseeha T

I think that Michael and his family should’nt go sailing because he will be missing out on important school work and this could affect the future prospects therefore he might not get a high level degree or a job that he expected to get

1. Eesha I

I disagree. My opinion is that he should go as he would learn survival and education that he wouldn’t learn in school-different cultures and religions-It is important to learn these subjects in Religious Education due to the fact that he might-in the future-be transacted to another country in a work project. Also, it is a benefit of learning the advanced survival skills as this would mean that he would be really good on this topic and will act of this in a situation of being stranded or hurt.

1. Faseeha T

I disagree with Eesha Ibraa since he life might go at risk

2. Eesha I

I disagree. It is a benefit of learning the advanced survival skills as this would mean that he would be really good on this topic and will act of this in a situation of being stranded or hurt.

10. Sumayyah B

I think Michael should go sailing around the world because he will get the opportunity to taste different foods and meet new people.

1. Faseeha T

I disagree because if he goes he will miss out on important education on the other hand when he grows up he could take his parents sailing an he could taste different foods and learn more when is sailing with his parents

2. ILAAF

no i think that he should not go because he will leave his grandma alone and she might pass away with out them knowing

11. Mariam A

I think that Michael should not go because it will be a big risk and it may affect his future career.

12. Mehek N

I think that Michael and his family shouldn’t travel the world and he should stay in the UK. Education is really important and he would be really behind when he comes back. This could effect future prospects and he might not get the job he wants when he grows up.

13. Ujala H

I agree with You Mr Macintosh! I think that Michael should go because he can learn about different types of cultures and languages ,however school is more important than traveling the World!

14. Abdullah P

I think that Michael should go because he can learn on board. Plus he can take papers off math and English. He can also make new friends in different countries on the other hand his friends cannot call or message him because he can’t get a signal furthermore his friends have moved away.

15. Abdullah P

I think that Michael should go because he can learn on board. Plus he can take papers off math and English. He can also make new friends in different countries on the other hand his friends cannot call or message him because he can’t get a signal furthermore his friends have moved away. He can get knowledge over the world.

16. Faseeha T

I thik that Michael and his family shouldnt go because if something happens to him at sea he could drown or his bot might get damaged and it might sink on the other hand if he stays his health and his parents health would not at risk.

17. IlAAF123

I think that micheal shouldn’t go sailing because he might get hert by the sea animals

18. ilaaf

I think that micheal should go because he will learn differet things ,plus he might find new friends and he will learn the countries

19. Hussain A

I think he should go because he will get more education and he will learn new language and when he grows up he can be a teacher.

20. Hussain A

I think he should go because he will get more education and he will learn new language and he can still learn by his parent.

21. Sumayyah B

I think Michael should not go because as well as finding new friends he might loose his other fiends from home.

22. Sumayyah B

I think Michael should go because he can spend quality time with his parents.

23. ilaaf

He should not go because he will not learn anything that his teachers says

24. Ninja

I think kensukes kingdom was an amazing book