It is very important that you register your child for Free School Meals even if your child brings a packed lunch or goes home for dinner.
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 and receive a free meal under the Universal Free School Meal scheme it is still essential that you register as we only receive the extra Pupil Premium Grant funding for those pupils who are registered.
Parents/carers who are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below can register for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but do not receive Working Tax Credit and a household income below £16190)
- National Asylum Seeker’s Support
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
All children who apply for Free School Meals, and are accepted, will receive a free school sweatshirt.
The extra funding provides additional staff to plan and deliver high quality learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom and funds breakfast club and after-school activities.
You can apply for free school meals using the online application process.
- Please ensure you have completed all of the relevant information on your application form, ensuring that you have included the claimants correct National Insurance Number /or NASS reference number and date of birth.
- You are no longer required to provide proof of your benefit entitlement. Your eligibility for Free School Meals is processed via a database held by the Department of Works and Pensions.
More info can be found here: http://www.coventry.gov.uk/info/54/benefits/168/free_school_meals