John Gulson Primary School is working hard towards achieving the Leading Parent Partnership Award. The purpose of this award is to help focus the schools work with parents and families. Home is the greatest influence on a child’s educational performance and at John Gulson we want to do everything we possibly can to help parents and families support their children.
The key elements of the LPPA award are listed below and if you have any comments or feedback about how the school is doing, please feel free to contact the co-ordinator Geraldine Marshall (Assistant Headteacher) or e-mail the school at email@example.com and mark it for Mrs. Marshall’s attention.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based Objectives:
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
- The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
- The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
- The school provides good induction for all new parents.
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
- The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
- The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. At John Gulson Primary we feel that by achieving this award it will make the work that we do with families even better. It will enhance our communication and build more activities for families in school. As you know we constantly strive to improve at John Gulson and completing this award will help us do that.
We can’t achieve this award without your help, cooperation and feedback. You can do this by:
- Reading all information that we send out.
- Coming along to events we organise if you are able.
- Completing any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can.
As always thankyou for all your help and support!