• Everybody is welcomed, respected and valued.
• We will help every child to achieve high standards in their learning in order to reach their full potential.
• We celebrate achievement and recognize success.
• We have high expectations of all.
• We have teaching and learning at the heart of all we do.
• We foster a thirst of learning and working together.
• We celebrate and embrace diversity.
The SEND Code of Practice (Department for Education 2014) states ‘All children and young people should expect to receive an education that enables them to achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes, and become confident, able to communicate their own views and ready to make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training.’ This is at the heart of our approach to all children at John Gulson, particularly those with SEND.
- working with children, young people and their parents to participate in decision-making;
- collaboration with partners in education, health and social care to provide support;
- early identification of the needs of children and the focus on inclusive practices;
- high quality provision to meet the needs of children with SEND.
At John Gulson School we believe all of our pupils, regardless of gender, ethnicity, ability, disability or sexuality, are entitled to a high quality education which will maximise their life chances. We recognise some children find it more difficult to learn, and therefore may have a special educational need or disability (SEND).
This page is intended to answer any questions you may have regarding Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and how we support children at John Gulson Primary School.